Leaving... again...

Hello funky people!

So - I'm not dead incase you thought so. Life is intense!! Since my last post I've spent time in the country where mobile phone's like mine don't have reception [not a bad thing!], internet is dial-up [extremely bad thing] and family is, well, family [a very wonderful thing]. I've also moved half of my bedroom to my Dad's [*sigh*], and begun packing the rest of my things ready for when my Champ of a Dad comes and collects the rest [really, he's a champ!].

Its been a struggle but I'm encouraged everyday! Things like VISA's and Flights have become slightly later in my organising than I had hoped but I don't have a doubt that they will be settled and organised before I really need them. I have every letter possible under the Sun ready to pass onto people so they know that -
A. I will be returning to Australia in 2 years time
B. that I am working volunteer on a ship, and leaving the Phillipines by this ship too and
C. that when I do return I'll be flown back from a distant land, somewhere...

This week occuring [so, the 5-9 Jan 2008] was my "Get everything significantly needing to be done, done" week. But that has only had the topped scraped away. I was utterly blessed to sleep from Wed-Fri. Okay, not so much. More like I got Gastro on Wednesday and have been sleeping and resting since. Don't know what Gastro is? Go here. I don't necessarily agree with Wiki but it is a source and it explains it well. Anyway, I forced myself to do stuff today despite not feeling flash, because unfortunately time is not standing still and with... 15 days left [no kidding!] I can't just do nothing. But, for all my "Mum's" out there [and my Mum in included in that too], I kept rehydrated and pretty much slept or rested for 2 days straight. I believe it was only a mild case...

SO... as previously mentioned... 15 days. I counted that today when a friend asked. That's how many days before I leave for Cebu. And then I arrive in Cebu the following day, and 2 weeks later I get back onto the ship. I honestly feel that the first few days onboard will feel like a holiday because I will then be able to stop running around like a chook with its head cut off! No more thinking if all the forms for OM have been done, what parts of my house still need to be packed up from my stuff, all the gov things I need to do before I go [like telling them I'm going], have I got everything, will I have everything, and will I have enough bull-dog clips to hold all my clothes up when I've lost more weight. That's not a joke. I was on for 3 months and lost a whopping 15kgs - which was likely aided by being sick in Albany for a week or so. But I lost weight before that. And it was SO annoying! Okay, its great too but losing weight means new[er] clothes!

And well... that's about it now! I'm off to collect results from the docs [just info for when I am away] and then hopefully rest before heading out to Pooraka Farm to talk to some lovely people about what I am about to do!

I hope you are blessed today. Its a lovely day, really! Enjoy it, because today only lasts 24 hours.